17:30 Welcome & introduction & formulation of expectations
17:45 Loop Ports: Project and Goals (Florian Andrews)
17:50 Green New Deal: Status Quo and Next Steps (Rasmus Andresen, MEP)
18:20 Summary & open questions / issues / wishes
Summary of the main objectives
The topics of discussion (in keywords):
Optimisation of capacities (Associated with the approaches of the Circular Economy)
Measurability and comparability of measures
=> Waste (Associated with the approaches of the Circular Economy)
Climate neutrality – Emissions trading / CO2 border adjustment tax
Port waste – Industrial waste
Influence and Shaping: Port Authorities as Shapers of the Port Industry
=> Development of new oportunities (Associated with the approaches of the Circular Economy)
Measurability and comparability of measures / transparency
CO2 border adjustment tax
Influence / shaping: port authorities as shapers of the port industry
Key questions for next steps:
1. Optimisation of capacities – Approaches for next steps
• Land Power: How can processes and facilities be designed to create options for application and longevity?
• Carbon neutrality: How and where can carbon neutrality be achieved through Ruse and other CE principles?
• Measurability: How does measurability create transparency that makes ports come together in a collaborative effort? And how can the port industry be involved?
2. Waste – Approaches for next steps
• Climate neutrality / ETS: How can the mechanisms of this market be used to develop corresponding projects with the port industry?
• Port authorities as drivers: How can Reduce / Re-use / Repair / Refurbish / Recover / Recycle be developed with the port industry?
• And how can Reduce / Re-use / Repair / Refurbish / Recover / Recycle measures of the port industry be supported and carried forward by the port administration?
3. Development of new opportunities
• How can new business areas be developed from linking individual keywords (such as climate neutrality / measurability and comparability of measures / transparency / shore power)?
• What must the services of the port authorities look like that have an impact on the port economy?
• How can the sustainability measures implemented in the port industry be taken up by the port authorities in such a way that they are supported and carried further?